twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Procedure to get ex's debt removed from my credit report (since I was the authorized user).?

I was added as an authorized user on my ex husband%26#039;s American Express account and a Citibank account. We later divorced and had an agreement that we both shall be held responsible for each of our cards. I never used any of his cards and the he informed me that the accounts were closed, but when I check my credit report (it shows that the Amex account was closed and Citibank says current) But the Amex amount was still showing up in my balance, which is killing my credit score. What do I need to do to ensure that these accounts are actually closed and that I am not responsible for the charges made to these cards? Do I have to call the credit card company and ask to close the accounts? or call the credit agencies and dispute it? Or do both or none? Should I include the divorce settlement in each of these? I want to be assured that I will not be bothered anytime in the future, because he did not end up paying up for his expenses. Can someone please suggest a plan of action?



Procedure to get ex%26#039;s debt removed from my credit report (since I was the authorized user).?

Since they were in your ex%26#039;s name and not yours - you were only an AU - hand write a dispute and send it to the CRA%26#039;s.



Re: AmEx - account number xxxxxxxxxx



Citibank - account number xxxxxxxxxx



Dear EQ, EX or TU



I have never had the above referenced accounts in my name. Please delete them.



Thank you



%26lt;signature%26gt;



Usually AU accounts are easy to remove. If the accounts are verified and remains, then deal with the original creditor. Make them prove that you were the primary or a joint holder, if they can%26#039;t (which they can%26#039;t if you were an AU) they must contact the CRA%26#039;s and have the accounts deleted.



Don%26#039;t bother adding your divorce settlement in with any of your letters. The creditors/CRA%26#039;s could care less about it.



Procedure to get ex%26#039;s debt removed from my credit report (since I was the authorized user).?

I have a company that assist in repairing credit. If you are interested, email cyprianassociates@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment