twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can I send a letter of proof of payment to the credit reporting agencies if the lender did not repor

I bought a car with a 3 year finance term. I paid the car every month on time, and finally I have paid it off! My credit is poor, so I wanted to rebuild my credit this way. Unfortunately the dealership I bought from does report to the credit agencies if you have purchased a used car.



They did however, write a letter that states I paid every month in full, and on time until the car was paid for outright.



Can I send a copy of this to the agencies so that they may verify it and add it onto my report?



If anyone has any good answers for me please let me know!!



Thanks!



Can I send a letter of proof of payment to the credit reporting agencies if the lender did not report payments

Yes, you can write the credit bureaus to add good credit accounts. And a copy of the account information will help.



And, for your benefit I have a sample letter format for you.



date:



credit bureau name



and address



to whom it may concern



I would like you to please list the following credit reference on my credit report



Creditors name address account #



Please send me an updated report as soon as the above information has been added. If there is any fee for adding this information, please advise.



Thank you for your assistance in this matter.



sincerely,



signature



your name



address



ss #



DOB



and a copy of a utility bill to verify your adress



Can I send a letter of proof of payment to the credit reporting agencies if the lender did not report payments

Yes you can, I have had this problem before, The company that you made your payments too can help you with this by doing exactly what you wrote in your details.



Can I send a letter of proof of payment to the credit reporting agencies if the lender did not report payments

The car dealer was a broker for the finance company that lent you the money, (they %26quot;introduced%26quot; the finance to you so that you could buy their car). That is why the car dealer does not get involved on this;(likely they finance new cars themselves instead). The finance company would have done a credit search on you when you took out the loan and would have monitored as you paid each month. They may not have passed the info onto the credit agency (yet). Or may be that the credit agency already knows about you, (but the car dealer wouldn%26#039;t know this). So you needed to find out this first.



You need to find out who the finance company was (it is easy is it?), then ask them what credit agency(ies) they deal with. Your last monthly statement will show that you have paid it off, so you can include a copy of it too.



You can phone the agency to ask, or you could ask them for a written report of what information they hold about you, but they will charge, maybe 鎷?0 or 鎷?0; but it does not necessarily mean that they will include your new information at your request. I would also try to ask my bank (where the direct debit came from) if they can know of any %26quot;improvement%26quot; or can pick up any information %26quot;in the system%26quot;.

No comments:

Post a Comment