twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How do i know what's on my credit report?

My husband of three years filed bankruptcy before he met me, is it on my credit??? How do I find out what is on my credit report... I have done a free credit check a few years ago, and now I can%26#039;t do it again unless I pay to have it checked... anything I can do to find out???



How do i know what%26#039;s on my credit report?

Because of the FACT Act (fair and accurate credit transactions act) you are entitled to a free credit report for each agency, experian, transunion, %26amp; equifax, each year. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com ***this is a government website, don%26#039;t go to other websites because they will try to sell you their products or they may ask you for personal information and steal your identity****



Your husband%26#039;s bankruptcy won%26#039;t appear on your credit report. The only information that appears on your credit report other than your personal information (SSN, date of birth, name(s), sometimes your employer and address) is information from any loans (car/mortgage/personal loans/student loans), credit cards, collection companies, civil judgements (if someone sues you),bankruptcy you%26#039;ve filed, and tax liens. Also, if you are to pay child support that appears on your credit report also. Any credit cards or loans that you individually opened, are an authorized user on, or a cosigner for will appear on your credit report. Make sure to read your credit bureau report carefully and dispute any incorrect information...Also make sure to check it at least once a year from here on. Over 10 million people are victims of identity theft each year and the #1 way people are victimized are by way of the perpetrators opening new accounts and many report changes of address. The less you check your credit report, the more damage theives can do.



How do i know what%26#039;s on my credit report?

Yes, you can go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com



This is a TOTALLY free site where you can get your credit report from the 3 agencies for free without asking for your credit card. You can get free credit report once every year from this site



How do i know what%26#039;s on my credit report?

His bankruptcy does not effect your credit. It effects his credit. If his bankruptcy is on your bureau then someone is in trouble in the credit industry because that is %26quot;broadcasting%26quot; and it is illegal.



How do i know what%26#039;s on my credit report?

www.fcra.com That is the best site to go and get your free reports. It does not hurt your credit to check it yourself. Also, what your husband has before you were married will not affect your credit. Anything that is in both of your names is on your credit. Also, I just wanted to make this known. No one knows this, but if you have your balances on your cards over 50% of the limit, it will make your score go down A LOT. For example, if your limit is 1000, you have to get, (and keep) your balance below 500. Hope this helps.



How do i know what%26#039;s on my credit report?

If you are in the US you can get a report every year from all 3 agencies.



How do i know what%26#039;s on my credit report?

I believe you are allowed a free credit report once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment