twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How long before a paid debit is removed from my credit report ?

I owed a property management company money (another story regarding security deposits and companies ripping us off BUT...) it was reported on my Experian credit report BUT all collections were done %26quot;in house%26quot; with this property management company. I have since paid the debt 1 week ago because I want to move from the house I am in now and into an apartment building. They said (the property management company I owed the money to) %26quot;everything is done electronicly now and my account (Experian) should be cleared in 10 days%26quot;. But in the letter they gave me says up to 30 days.



What is your experience ? Will it be 10 days or 30 days AND can I call Experian directly and fax proof of the debt being paid in hopes it will expidite the clearing of my credit report BECAUSE no apartment will rent to me until this account shows being paid and/or cleared.



How long before a paid debit is removed from my credit report ?

Hope for 10, but expect 30.



Calling or writing experian will probably not do much good. By the time you get the dispute in with proof, they will probably have already received the update from the management company.



However, since you have a letter from the management company that says it is cleared you should be able to give a copy of the letter to any place you are looking at to show it is cleared.



How long before a paid debit is removed from my credit report ?

once on you credit as late or no pay it will most likely remain on you report 7 to 10 years.

1 comment:

  1. The working was established in 2009 to gather the facts surrounding credit‐based insurance scores and how they are used in today’s regulatory environment. Public consultation was undertaken in 2011. That process turned out to be a disappointment as only 15 submissions were received and all from either the insurance sector or credit bureaus. free credit report

    ReplyDelete