twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is it legal for a loan company, to pull my credit report without my approval?

Today I received mail from a large internet loan co.(starts with a Q) that I have been denied for a loan. The problem is,I never requested a loan! I did conduct business with this company about 18 months ago, but nothing since then. I called the loan officer that was listed on the denial letter(happens to be the same officer that handled my previous transaction)and she said,%26quot;It was a mistake.%26quot; She also added, I didn%26#039;t pull your credit report but I%26#039;ve been trying to reach you about some special deals we have.--I DON%26#039;T BUY THAT ANSWER!!-- I am going to get my credit report from the 3 agencies and see if this company made a credit inquiry. If they did, is there any legal action I can take?



Is it legal for a loan company, to pull my credit report without my approval?

Yes, anyone can do a credit report, they don%26#039;t need your permission, in fact, for a few bucks, you can do a credit check on anyone. Go to any search engine, type in %26quot;credit



report%26quot; %26amp; you will get back pages of sites, that by answering a few questions will give you a report on who you requested.



Most of the data comes from public access information that



has always been available, but thanks to the internet, can now be found quicker %26amp; faster. Don%26#039;t read more into it,



they just want to make a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment