twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

How do you know if a collection notice is on your credit report?

I had my utility bills paid automatically every month with my credit card. I have had problems with this utility company before screwing up my info, and they did it again. 3 months have gone by with me thinking my bill is being paid like it should have and it wasn%26#039;t. I get a notice from the utility company that the account is in a serious delinquent status. How can i know if this is on my credit report or not? How long does it take to show up if it was reported? I don%26#039;t want to get a credit report and look for something that might take months to show up.



How do you know if a collection notice is on your credit report?

The utility company will not report it. They will turn it over to a Collection Agency though. Once an agency has it they must send you a notice allowing you 30 days to dispute it. Once the 30 day Verification period has expired they can legally list it with a credit bureau.



If you haven%26#039;t received that letter then your utility bill isn%26#039;t on your credit.



How do you know if a collection notice is on your credit report?

It could take a few months.



Go to www.annualcreditreport.com You can pull it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment