twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How long does it take for a credit card payment to reflect on your credit report & does the purc

im 19 years old and recently got a credit card about a month ago, after getting advice from my cousin to get my cousin to start getting my credit built up he said I need to get 2 and get the seasoned (have them for about a year making all payments on them) i just got my first bank statement in the mail and am about to pay it off, I need to apply for my 2nd card but im waiting for my credit to show from this payment b/c no other companies will approve me with no credit and without having a cosigner, how long does it take to show up on my report??? Also do I need to be making big purchases every month for my credit to be better or does it not really matter? and do I need to make a purchase on my card every month to get it seasoned???



How long does it take for a credit card payment to reflect on your credit report %26amp; does the purchas amt matter

It depends on how often the issuing bank reports information to the credit bureaus . . . some report that info every 30 days, others might report it only once every 90 days.



The amount you purchase does not make a difference, you%26#039;re merely trying to show that you have the ability to make payments on time and in full. Purchasing big ticket items will, however, cause you to go into debt. Keep the purchases down to a minimum, seriously!! Also, having too much debt (i.e., high credit card balances, too many credit cards issued to you, etc.) can/will cause you to be denied credit, so it%26#039;s important not to go out and charge that plasma tv you%26#039;ve really been wanting.



How long does it take for a credit card payment to reflect on your credit report %26amp; does the purchas amt matter

There are two credit cards that don%26#039;t deny anyone and they are CorTrust credit card and FirstPremier Credit card. Read the info from them first because they are unsecured yet secured. They are only good for people with bad or little credit. People with great credit would never do this. However, you apply and receive the credit card right away but there is only $75 on the card with a $250. starting credit limit. What that means is that when you get the card the bank has already taken their service and application fees out of the card immediately. Then you make a $20 payment a month or more if you choose. It is crucial that you make your first months payment. I received the first card from First Premier bank and after my first payment, it showed on my credit report and my credit score jumped 40 points. The next month I applied for the Cortrust card and when I looked at my credit report again....my score jumped 60 more points. It never raised again but 100 points is a lot when you don%26#039;t have a lot of credit. Give it a try.



The guy that just replied is totally right. Do not go over 40% of your credit limit. That looks really bad especially if you are trying to buy a car or home.



How long does it take for a credit card payment to reflect on your credit report %26amp; does the purchas amt matter

usually if you make payments on time for 6 months, it will start showing up good for you. try to pay in full each month. make purchases you can afford to pay when the statement comes.



to speed it up you might go to a regular bank and get a secured card also. and pay on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment