twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

I have a 30 day late payment posted for one of my credit cards on my credit report. At the time I was moving across the country and I either misplaced the payment stub or couldn%26#039;t pay it because I was switching jobs. Are either of these a good enough reason to get my capital one card to contact the credit bureau and get my late payment note deleted. If they aren%26#039;t do you have any ideas of what I can say?



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

Unless you can show them a cancelled check that was cashed by them by the due date, it is not likely that you will get them to remove the late payment. If you have a long, good payment history with them, your best bet (without the check) is to bring up your history of on time payments and explanation of moving and not getting the bill on time.



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

I had a late payment with my car loan. The first fell on a Sunday, so I paid Monday. I contacted my loan company and they fixed it.



When disputing inaccuracies on your credit report, you should send a registered letter to the credit bureaus. Then they have 30 days to verify the debt. It is important to send a registered letter so you have proof of when the 30 days began. Also, you can dispute online.



But this doesn%26#039;t sound like it was an inaccuracy. You should just take the hit and make better payments in the future. You can also file a statement about the credit mark so anyone reviewing your report could see what happened.



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

If it%26#039;s your first time late, with that account, often they will reimburse the late fee, if you call them...



Since it%26#039;s already on the CR, you must have the card company forgive it and ask them to contact the credit bureau (s), to have it deleted from your credit report.



I don%26#039;t think the %26quot;reason%26quot; is as important to the card company, as much as your payment history.



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

Why not be honest, just tell them it was because you were moving across country and misplaced the payment stub. If you have been perfect before and after, they might remove the late payment from your report.



Another way is if you have proof that you were not 30 days late, such as only 3 weeks late. You can dispute that with the Credit agencies. For this you would need something like the statement that shows the due date and a cancelled check that shows the actual date they cashed it. You would then have to file a dispute with the Credit Reporting Companies and they will investigate it and remove it if it is incorrect.



If they don%26#039;t remove it and this is the only bad mark on your report, it will have very little effect as time goes on. As the scoring systems give higher weight to recent items.



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

Keep these things in mind...



1) The credit bureau is in the business of collection accurate information. If this report is accurate they will not remove it.



2) The credit bureau does not have the power to delete anything. The creditor who posted it to your account must do it.



3) When you dispute something with the credit bureau, they couldn%26#039;t care less about your excuse of why you were late. All they will do is see the work %26quot;dispute%26quot; and go through the validation process. If the creditor confirms it, the report stays on your history.



4) But.....if they creditor does not respond to the investigation, the report will be deleted. Therefore, it really doesn%26#039;t matter what you say in your dispute letter. Just say the information is wrong and make them investigate in the hopes the creditor doesn%26#039;t respond.



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

Your best bet is to call or write Capital One explaining to them that you have always paid on time and that your credit is very important to you, promise it won%26#039;t happen again, blah blah...and ask them if they could please remove the damaging information.



If they don%26#039;t, dispute it as %26quot;never late%26quot; with the credit bureaus.



I have a late payment posted on my credit report, what reason should I give to get rid of it.?

******* The only way to get this late off ******



If you really really want to get this late off your credit report.... Is to beg your credit card company. You have to be a monkey on their back. If you have a good payment history with them, it shouldn%26#039;t be a problem for them to delete one 30 day late. If they are not willing to remove it, keep speaking to supervisor to supervisor, explaining your circumstance and how this is affecting your credit report, until someone listens. I had to do this with one of my credit card companies. It seemed impossible, but I was persistant. I kept calling and calling until they got fed up with me and removed my late.



**It would be pointless to dispute this with the credit report agencies*** There is no point in sending a %26quot;certified or notarized%26quot; letter.



All the credit agencies will do is send an electronic message to that creditor asking if this account has ever been late, which it has; and the creditor will send an electronic answer verifying yes it has bee late. Then you also take the chance on the creditor not responding in time and this account maybe removed from your credit report. You do not want this because this account is still helping your credit score and will be very hard to put this account back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment