twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Collection Problem: Can I file against their credit report?

I own a sign business and a customer of mine owes me money. The account is past due. The customer is a Nebraska Corporation called Nebraska Technical Services or NTS.



Is there any way I can let the credit bureaus know that they own me money so it shows on their corporate credit report?



P.S. I have already filed with the BBB and am considering taking the to small claims court.



Collection Problem: Can I file against their credit report?

It they are a business, they would probably be registered with Dunn %26amp; Bradstreet. It%26#039;s not likely that as a business or corporation, they would have a conventional %26quot;credit report%26quot;.



You will probably have to place them with a collection agency. The money that they owe you would then show on their D%26amp;B which can hurt them when they try to get credit from other businesses.



Small Claims court could work depending on how much they owe you. But just know even if you were to be awarded a judgement, doesn%26#039;t mean you automatically get the money. You almost always have to fight to get that. But again, it should at least show as a negative item on their D%26amp;B.



Collection Problem: Can I file against their credit report?

From my experience you can not just show one account to the credit bureaus, you have to be %26quot;set up%26quot; where all of your active accounts get reported regardless of the status. In addition, when I was researching it, the software was kinda expensive ( I can%26#039;t remember the cost...but obviously too much because I run a finance company and we do not report)



However, if you take the company to small claims (in most states) it will show up as a judgment on their credit. Once you have a judgment, there are a lot of FUN things you can do to collect.



If you have any questions let me know! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment