twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I have an item on my credit report that is for the wrong dollar amount, should I contest it again?

I do owe the debt and will pay it, but my credit report is stating the wrong amount. I sent out a debt validation letter and recieved back my debt amount but it is for about 50% less than what is in my CR. What should I do? Contest it again or just contact the debt collector and start my negotiations? I don%26#039;t want to get stuck with the other 50% after I pay them off.



I have an item on my credit report that is for the wrong dollar amount, should I contest it again?

The amount being shown on your credit report is not a legal amount you owe....and in many cases it is always wrong.



You said they send you validation? Then send the credit bureau a copy of that, and point out that the amount is wrong. They must either correct it or erase the entry.



I have an item on my credit report that is for the wrong dollar amount, should I contest it again?

Negotiate a settlement. Depending on how old the debt is, you may be able to settle for 75% to 50%. Lum sum payments get the best deas. Payment plans have to be short term. Get any settlement agreement in writing before you pay and don%26#039;t give them access to your bank account. You can ask them to delete the negative -- some will, some won%26#039;t.

No comments:

Post a Comment